37. Chang, C.W., Spreeuwel, A., Zhang, C., and Varghese, S. "PEG/Clay Nanocomposite Hydrogel: A Mechanically Robust Tissue Engineering Scaffold" Soft Matter, 6, 5157-51654 (2010). Link
35. Phadke, A. and Varghese, S. "Synthetic Biomaterials and stem cells for connective tissue engineering." Book Chapter in CRC Handbook of Biomedical Engineering.
34. Phadke, A., Chang, C., and Varghese, S. "Functional Biomaterials for Controlling Stem Cell Differentiation." Book Chapter in Stud Mechanobiol Tissue Eng Mater 2:19-44 (2010) Link
33. Sangaj, N., and Varghese, S. "Controlling stem cells with materials." Book Chapter in “Biomaterials for Tissue Engineering: A Review of the Past and Future Trends”
31. Brammer, K.S., Oh, S., Frandsen, C.J., Varghese, S., and Jin, S. "Nanotube surface triggers increased chondrocyte extracellular matrix production" Mater. Sci. Eng. C (2010). Link
30. Hwang, Y., Zhang, C., and Varghese, S. "Poly(ethylene glycol) cryogels as potential cell scaffolds: effect of polymerization conditions on cryogel microstructure and properties" J. Mater. Chem., 20, 345-351 (2009). Link
28. Zhang, C., Aung, A., Liao, L., and Varghese, S. "A novel single precursor-based biodegradable hydrogel with enhanced mechanical properties" Soft Matter, 5, 3831-3834 (2009). Link
23. Lee, H.J., Chansakul, T., Varghese, S., Hwang, N.S., Elisseeff, J.H. "The effect of immobilized HA binding peptide on cartilage engineering in hydrogels". (submitted)
16. Lee, H.J., Varghese, S., Hwang, N., and Elisseeff, J.H. "Nanoengineered Hydrogels for Cartilage Tissue Engineering" in Micro and Nanoengineering of the Cell Microenvironment Technologies and Applications, Artech House Publishing Inc.
11. Varghese, S., and Elisseeff, J.H. "Hydrogels for Musculoskeletal Tissue Engineering" Adv. Polym. Sci., 203, 95-144 (2006). Link
7. Varghese, S., Lele, A.K., and Mashelkar, R.A. "Metal-Ion-Mediated Healing of Gels" J. Polym. Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem., 44, 666 (2006). Link